Kelli Scheid Smith
Kelli also advises clients in the acquisition, sale, and leasing of commercial real estate, as well as in sports-related transactions.
Some of Kelli’s recent matters include representing:
- F. Korbel & Bros. in connection with the sale of Kenwood Vineyards to Pernod Ricard
- The Science Channel in connection with the acquisition and license-back of the HOW IT’S MADE trademark and related assets
- Fashion companies, including Diane von Furstenberg, Diesel, Escada, and Lacoste, in connection with licensing and general corporate matters
- The Buccini/Pollin Group in connection with the acquisition, financing, and sale of hotel, office, and other commercial properties
- Fannie Mae in connection with the leasing of commercial and retail office space
- Choice Hotels in connection with the development of Cambria Suites hotels
- Williamson-Dickie Manufacturing Co. in connection with sponsorship and naming rights with respect to Dickies Arena, home of the Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo
- The Brooklyn Nets in connection with the leasing, financing, and development of a multi-million-dollar, 70,000-square-foot practice facility
- A number of NBA teams, including the Atlanta Hawks, Brooklyn Nets, and Charlotte Hornets, in connection with NBA league-wide financing matters
- PPL EnergyPlus in connection with sponsorship and naming rights with respect to PPL Park, home of the MLS Philadelphia Union
Before joining Arent Fox, Kelli was a financial analyst at FleetBoston Financial (now Bank of America).
Kelli is a member of the firm’s Pro Bono Committee. She previously served as a member of the firm’s Associates Committee.
Publications, Presentations & Recognitions
Kelli was a Hardy Cross Dillard Fellow and served on the editorial board of the Virginia Tax Review while at the University of Virginia School of Law. Kelli was selected as a Rising Star by Super Lawyers in 2016.
Life Beyond the Law
Kelli enjoys volunteering. She has been involved with AmeriCorps; Children, Youth & Family Services; Make-a-Wish Foundation; Ronald McDonald House; Special Olympics; and the Whitman-Walker Clinic. She recently served on the planning committee for Washington, DC-area fundraisers for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital and as a co-chair of the Legal Aid Society of DC’s annual Generous Associates Campaign.
In her spare time, Kelli travels (most recently to Hong Kong, Singapore, and Thailand), plays tennis, and watches college basketball.