Logistics & Transportation
We represent consumers and providers of logistics services from every end of the industry. That includes shippers associations, manufacturers, distributors and retailers, carriers, customs brokers, freight forwarders, property brokers, technology providers, ocean transportation intermediaries, warehouse operators, including asset based and non-asset based logistics service providers.
- Assisting logistics service providers, carriers and consumers in the negotiation and drafting of underlying transportation agreements including truck load and less than truck load agreements, dedicated carriage, container and LCL agreements, intermodal contracts, ocean carrier agreements, property brokerage agreements, last mile delivery agreements, and logistics and freight forwarding agreements.
- Representing clients in connection with the preparation of ancillary transportation agreements, such as freight auditing and payment service agreements, warehousing, as well as equipment acquisition, financing and leasing agreements.
- Counseling clients concerning cargo loss and damage claims including the assessment, prosecution and/or defense of OS&D claims and claims subject to international conventions as well as COGSA and related federal legislation.
- Protecting client interests in the context of national and international bankruptcy proceedings.
- Liability assessment, counseling and representation, reviewing contract terms and conditions, bills of lading, house and air waybills and insurance coverage.
- Counseling clients concerning DOT, FMCSA, and FMC licensing and compliance, as well as representing clients before federal and state courts and regulatory agencies.
- Reviewing and developing programs for hiring and qualifying drivers, including hours of service compliance and motor carrier safety.
- Assisting businesses in labor and employment matters including drafting owner operator leases, independent contractor agreements, agent agreements, counseling regarding independent contractor status, workers compensation coverage, wage and hour compliance, wrongful discharge and discrimination claims.
- Personal injury claims.
- Collections, contract disputes, corporate governance, lending transactions, mergers and acquisitions.